Are you Ready for Winter in New England?
Now is the perfect time to consider purchasing an emergency generator for your home. Before you know it, winter will be here. With the wet, heavy snow that falls in New England, chances of power outages are high. Generators are a great way to be prepared for these harsh winters and keep your family warm and safe in the event of a power outage.
Benefits to having an emergency generator:
- It will provide electricity to keep your home’s heating system running when the municipal power supply is down.
- It will allow you to keep essential (and not so essential) electronics charged and working. These devices will make sure you are aware of any potential weather hazards and local updates, and keep the kids entertained.
- It will keep your refrigerators and freezers running. Many people have hundreds of dollars of food in their fridge and freezer, which could be costly if your electricity is out for more than a few hours and the food thaws.
- It will provide the power needed for your vehicle’s charging station.
- It will keep your home’s security system fully operational.
- It will prevent temperature deviations in your climate-controlled storage areas.
Some cold-weather accessories are easy to install; others are better left to a professional installer. In either case, planning now can prevent a problem from occurring when you least expect it. Now is the perfect time to call Lavallee Systems to help find the generator that meets your home’s needs.
To keep your generator working in tip-top shape, you need to focus on maintenance. The best time to schedule maintenance for your generator is fall. During a Lavallee Systems maintenance call, we replace the filters and plugs, add fresh oil, and check the system to make sure your generator engine will be ready for that next power outage.
All Winter Long:
Make sure there is a clear path to your generator in case repairs or maintenance are needed. Air vents on the cabinet should not be blocked by leaves or snow. After a storm, make a path and clear snow away from the generator.
Your generator is an essential part of keeping your family and home safe during a power outage. Make sure your generator is ready when you need it.
Looking for help with a generator installation? Lavallee Systems can find the generator that meets your needs and make the installation seamless! Call our office today to learn more about the generator installations we offer.